46. How much of his income must every Sikh contribute for religious purposes ?
One-Tenth (called Daswandh)
47. When was Guru Nanak Dev Ji born & where ?
April 15, 1469 A.D. in Talwandi (now in Pakistan - Nankana Saheb)
48. Name the parents of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
49. Who were Bebe Nanaki & Bhai Jai Ram ?
Bebe Nanaki was Guru Nanak Dev Ji's older sister & Bhai Jai Ram was her husband.
50. Name the wife of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
Mata Sulakhani Ji
51. Name the sons of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
52. Which Guru established the first Gurdwara (Sangat) ? Where & when ?
Guru Nanak Dev Ji at Kartarpur in 1521 A.D.
53. What were Guru Nanak Dev Ji's travels called ?
54. Name the Muslim who accompanied Guru Nanak Dev Ji with a rebeck (a musical instrument invented by himself).
Bhai Mardana Ji.
55. Where are the descendants of Mardana found ?
In Ramdas, the city of Baba Buddha, and are called Rababies or the people of Rebeck.
56. During his travels, Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to Sayyadpur (now called Eminabad) and stayed at a carpenter's house (considered of low caste according to Hindu caste system). Name the carpenter.
57. Who was the (high caste) local official there whose feast Guru Nanak Dev Ji rejected ?
58. Where was the first missionary center (Manji) established by Guru Nanak Ji ?
The first 'Manji' was established at Bhai Laalo's house to spread Sikhism in Northern Punjab
59. What was the abode of the Jogis (Yogis) of Gorakhnath clan called ?
Gorakhmata (later became known as Nanakmata)
60. Name the mountains where Guru Nanak Dev Ji met renowned 'Sidhas'.
Kailash Parbat (also called Sumer Parbat)
61. Name the composition in Guru Granth Saheb Ji that records the dialogues Guru Nanak Dev Ji had with the 'Sidhas'.
62. Name the First Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Nanak Dev Ji (1469 - 1539)
63. Name the Second Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Angad Dev Ji (1504 - 1552)
64. Name the third Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Amardas Ji (1479 - 1574)
65. Name the Fourth Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Ramdas Ji (1534 - 1581)
66. Name the Fifth Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Arjan Dev Ji (1563 - 1606)
67. Name the Sixth Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Hargobind Ji (1595 - 1644)
68. Name the Seventh Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Har Rai Ji (1630 - 1661)
69. Name the 8th Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Harkrishan Ji (1656 - 1664)
70. Name the 9th Guru of the Sikhs in the right order
Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji (1621 - 1675)