635. What are the most important works of Bhai Vir Singh Ji ?
Guru Nanak Chamatkar
Baba Nodh Singh
Merey Saeeyan Jeeo
636. What title was Bhai Vir Singh Ji given by the Government of India ?
637. Bhai Vir Singh Ji was a reputed novelist too. Name some of his important works.
638. In which year did the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee (S.G.P.C.) accorded their acceptance of the present form of the Sikh Rehat Maryada (Sikh Code of Conduct) ?
By their resolution No. 14 of 12th October, 1936. (The S.G.P.C.'s Advisory Committee on Religious Matters again considered the draft in its meeting on 7th January, 1945 and made recommendations for certain additions to and deletions from it.)
639. What are the contents of 'Dasham Granth' ?
Akal Ustat (includes the 10 sawaye of the daily Sikh prayer)
Shastra Nam mala
640. What is the Sikh Calendar called ?
641. Is the Nanakshahi Calendar a Solar or Lunar calendar ?
642. Which is the year one of the Nanakshahi Calendar ?
The year one of the Nanakshai Calendar is the year of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's birth (1469 CE)
643. What is the year length of the Nanakshahi Calendar ?
The year length of the Nanakshahi Calendar is the same as the Western calendar and is 365 days 5 hours 48 minutes 45 seconds.
644. What is the length of the months in the Nanakshahi Calendar ?
The Nanakshahi Calendar contains 5 months of 31 days followed by 7 months of 30 days. During the leap year (every 4 years), the last month (Phagun) has an extra day.
645. Name the months of the Nanakshai Calendar in order.
Chet (starts-14 March)
Vaisakhi (starts 14 April)
Jeth (starts-15 May)
Haarh (starts-15 June)
Saavan (starts-16 July)
Bhaadon (starts-16 August)
Assu (starts-15 September)
Kattak (starts-15 October)
Maggar (starts-14 November)
Poh (starts-14 December)
Maagh (starts-13 January)
Phagun (starts-12 February)
646. Who developed the Nanakshahi Calendar ?
The Nanakshahi Calendar was developed by a Canadian Sikh, Pal Singh Purewal, a retired computer engineer.
647. List the days in the Nanakshahi Calendar in order.
648. When was the Nanakshahi Calendar implemented by the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee ?
The Nanakshahi Calendar was implemented by the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) on April 14, 2003.
649. Which year of the Nanakshahi Calendar corresponds with the years 2011-2012 ?
Samat 543 of the Nanakshahi Calendar.