Question & Answer-24
528. What city did Sardar Baghel Singh occupy in the year 1790 ?
529. Who did Sardar Baghel Singh's forces defeat in order to capture Delhi ?
Shah Alam II
530. How large a force did Sardar Baghel Singh leave at Delhi ?
531. What is the place in Delhi known as, where Sardar Baghel
Singh stationed 30,000 of his troops ?
Tees Hazari (The Place of 30,000)
532. When and where was Maharaja Ranjit Singh born ?
Nov. 13, 1780 at Gujranwala
533. What was Maharaja Ranjit Singh's father's name ?
Mahan Singh (son of Sardar Charat Singh)
534. What was Maharaja Ranjit Singh's mother's name ?
535. What was Maharaja Ranjit Singh's
mother-in-law's name who played an important part in his life ?
Sardarni Sada Kaur, wife of Jai Singh, the Kanhaiya leader. (She is
believed to be the ladder by which Ranjit Singh reached the climax of his
536. Who was the first wife of Maharaja Ranjit Singh ?
Mehtab Kaur, daughter of Sardarni Sada Kaur.
537. What was the name of the wife of Maharaja Ranjit Singh who gave birth to Kharak Singh in 1802 ?
Rani Raj Kaur, daughter of Nakai Sardar Khazan Singh
538. Name the sons of Ranjit Singh.
Sher Singh and Tara Singh (born of Mehtab Kaur), Dilip Singh (born of
Jind Kaur), and Kharak Singh (born of Rani Raj Kaur).
539. Who was entitled 'Sher-e-Punjab' (Lion of Punjab) ?
Maharaja Ranjit Singh
540. For how many years did Maharaja Ranjit Singh rule for ?
40 Years (1799-1839)
541. What diamond did Maharaja Ranjit Singh wear on his arm ?
542. Who presented the Kohinoor diamond to Maharaja Ranjit Singh ?
The wife of Shah Shuja, the former king of Kabul, whom Maharaja Ranjit
Singh released from his opponents in Kashmir.
543. Where was the first great victory of Maharaja Ranjit Singh against the
544. At Multaan, what famous gun was used by the troops of Maharaja Ranjit
Jamjama Top (gun)
545. When did Maharaja Ranjit Singh occupy throne in Lahore ?
July 7, 1799 A.D.
546. When did Maharaja Ranjit Singh annex Amritsar ?
In 1802 A.D.
547. When did Maharaja Ranjit Singh annex Multan, Kashmir, Peshawar, and Bannu
He annexed Multan in 1818 A.D., Kashmir in 1819 A.D., and Peshawar and
Bannu in 1823 A.D.
548. In which year did the enthroning of Ranjit Singh as the Maharaja of
Punjab take place ?
Baisakhi day of 1801 A.D.
549. What was the name of the commemorative coin issued on this auspicious
550. How long did the Sarkar Khalsa rule Punjab for ?
50 years (1799-1849 A.D.)
551. Why was Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa given the last name "Nalwa" by Maharaja
Ranjit Singh ?
Because he slayed a lion (tiger) with a sword while on a hunting
expedition with Maharaja Ranjit Singh, thus saving both his life and the
552. What does "Haria Raghle" mean ?
Hari Singh has come
553. Which famous Gurdwara did Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa build ?
Gurdwara Panja Saheb.