375. Write the inter-family relationships of the Gurus after Guru Amardas.
376. When was Banda Singh Bahadur born ?
October 27, 1670 A.D.
377. What was his name in childhood ?
378. What does "Bairagi" mean ?
One who gives up worldly life; a sect of Vaishanavs.
379. Name the Bairagi who captivated the heart of Lachhman Das and made him his disciple.
380. What was Lachhman Das named by the Bairagis ?
Madho Das Bairagi
381. Name the old Yogi that Madho Das met in Nasik and learnt 'Tantric Science' (secrets of yoga and occultism) from.
382. When and where did Guru Gobind Singh Ji meet Madho Das ?
Autumn of 1708 in Nanded
383. What did Guru Gobind Singh Ji name Madho Das after administering Amrit (Pahul) to him ?
384. What does 'Banda' mean ?
385. What title was given to Banda Singh by Guru Gobind Singh Ji before he left for Punjab ?
Banda Singh 'Bahadur'
386. Who were the five 'Punj Pyare' appointed to assist Banda Singh ?
387. What were the emblems of temporal authority bestowed upon Banda Singh before his departure to Punjab ?
A Nishan sahib (Flag) and a Nagara (Drum)
388. Whom did Guru Gobind Singh Ji nominate as the first Jathedar (commander of the forces) of the Khalsa Panth ?
Banda Singh Bahadur
389. Which was the first town that Banda Singh's army attacked ?
390. Why did Banda Singh Bahadur's army attack Samana ?
It was the residence of Sayyed Jalal-ud-din, the executioner of Guru Teg Bahadur, and of Shashal Beg and Bashal Beg, the executioners of the younger Sahibzadas at Sirhind.
391. When was Samana conquered ?
November 26, 1709 A.D.
392. Name the ruler of Sadhaura who had tortured to death the great Muslim Saint, Sayyed Buddhu Shah, because he had helped Guru Gobind Singh Ji in the battle of Bhangani.
393. Who abolished the Zamindaari (absentee landlord) system ?
Banda Singh Bahadur
394. When did Banda Singh Bahadur attack Sirhind, where the Nawab had ordered the live-burial of the younger Sahebzadas ?
On May 12, 1710 A.D. (The battle was fought at Chhappar Chiri, 20 kms from Sarhind.)
395. What did Wazir Khan do, and who killed him ?
Wazir Khan ordered the murder of the two younger sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Fateh Singh killed him in the Battle of Chappar-Chiri.
396. Name the Sikh woman who had been carried away by Sher Muhammed Khan of Maler Kotla and buried in a grave after she had committed suicide to save her honor.
Bibi Anup Kaur (Banda Singh's forces dug the grave to perform her last religious rites)
397. Whom did Banda Singh appoint as Governor of Sirhind after conquering Sirhind ?
398. Whom did Banda Singh appoint as Governor of Samana ?
399. What did Banda Singh Bahadur name the Fort of Mukhlispur after repairing it ?
Lohgarh meaning Iron Fort. (For all intents and purposes, it became the capital of the Sikh territories.)