Question & Answer-10
226. How many children did Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji have ? Name them.
One son. Gobind Rai later became Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
227. Who denied Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji entry to the Golden Temple ?
The Sodhi Mahants
228. At Kamrup (Assam), which two forces made a compromise brought about by
Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji ?
The forces of Raja Ram Singh (a Rajput General of Aurangzeb who led an
expedition against Assam) and Ahom King (the local King)
229. Where did Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji
get a huge mound built in memory of Guru
Nanak's visit to that place ?
230. Which Mughal Emperor ordered Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji to be beheaded at
Chandni Chowk, Delhi ?
231. Who were the other three martyred along with Guru Tegh Bahadur by order
Bhai Mati Das
Bhai Sati Das
232. How were these three martyred ?
Bhai Mati Das: Sawn into two halves
Bhai Sati Das: Burnt in cotton wrapped around his body
Bhai Dayala: Boiled in hot water
233. Name the leader of the delegation of 500 Kashmiri brahmins that came to
Tegh Bahadur Ji for help.
Pandit Kirpa Ram (later became the Sanskrit teacher of Guru Gobind Singh
Ji and eventually became a Khalsa and died fighting in the battle of
234. How old was Gobind Rai (Guru Gobind Singh) then ?
9 (nine) years old
235. Where & when did Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji achieve martyrdom ?
In Delhi on November 11, 1675 A.D.
236. Which Gurdwara stands at the place where Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji
Gurdwara Sis Ganj, Chandni Chowk, Delhi
237. Who cremated Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's body after he was beheaded ?
Bhai Lakhi Shah.
238. Which Gurdwara stands at the place where the body of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji
was cremated after he was beheaded ?
Gurdwara Rakab Ganj, Delhi
239. Who took Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's head to Anandpur ?
Bhai Jaita Ji.
240. Which Gurdwara stands at the place where Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's
Gurdwara Sis Ganj, Anandpur
241. Who built Gurdwara Rakab Ganj and Gurdwara Sis Ganj in Delhi ?
Sardar Baghel Singh in 1790 A.D.
242. When was Guru Gobind Singh Ji born & where ?
December 22, 1666 A.D. in Patna.
243. What is the significance of Patna Saheb (one of the 5 Takhts) ?
It is the birth place of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
244. Who built Harmandir Saheb, Patna (Patna Saheb) ?
Maharaja Ranjit Singh
245. In what year did Bhai Nandlaal Goyaa go to Anandpur Saheb to pay homage
Guru Gobind Singh Ji ?
246. Who were the poems of Bhai Nandlaal Goyaa about ?
Guru Gobind Singh Ji
247. Which was the first battle fought between Guru Gobind Singh Ji
and the hill
The Battle of Bhangani was fought in February 1686 between Guru Gobind
Singh Ji and the hill chiefs led by Raja Bhim Chand of Kahlur. The hill
chiefs received a crushing defeat at the hands of the Guru.
248. In which battle did Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Pathans
leave him at a very critical
Battle of Bhangani
249. How many sons did Peer Budhu Shah have? How many of them died in the
battle of Bhangani ?
He had four sons, two of which died in the battle of Bhangani
250. What did Guru Gobind Singh Ji give Peer Budhu Shah in remembrance of
services rendered in the battle at Bhangaani ?
A kanga with some of his broken hair, a kirpan (sword) and a turban.